1. My hair fits in pigtails again. It's looking a little silly with all the grey. I'm choosing to not really care.
2. The climbing little mini roses are starting to do their thing.
3. Today we went to the dentist. Soph had a little cavity, Willow needed
her new molars sealed and her bottom baby teeth pulled. I was too
worried about it to tell her, and when we got there I pulled (heh) her
dentist aside to find out what the game plan was. He told me that he
could pull her teeth without her even knowing, and said that if she was
nervous about being there he could give her some nitrous oxide. He did
his thing, and she came out a little later on, chomping on some gauze
and totally unaware that she was down a couple of teeth.
4. The tooth fairy JUST came! Awesome.
5. My mom and stepdad were on a weekend getaway when they found this sign for me. It's metal. I was going to put it on the wall over my bed, but it's too small for the space. Instead it lives on top of a bookshelf by the window. It's kind of perfect there.
6. It's been beautiful here the past couple of days. Even the moon played along tonight and came up over the hills just a teeny crescent with a star (Venus?) right next to it.
7. All my wonky abnormal lab results are because of the medicine I have to take. P W E W.
8. I redid my blawg. I'd still like to pare it down some.
9. There is a bunch of stuff in the back of the van that is waiting to be dropped off at the Goodwill Donation Station. And? More stuff in the house to put out there.
10. I had to rip out my progress on a new knitting project I am working on. I actually don't mind doing that. It's humbling, and sort of fun to watch all the loops come undone. I was only about six rows in, so it made sense to just start over.
11. Right now? In my fridge? Gluten free beer. (sweet!)
12. I worked in Willow's class today. I got to help make one of the best art projects that the kids do all year. They take a piece of white paper, glue some narrow strips of black paper to the short top and bottom sides, and then put about five or six drops of ink on the paper. Real ink; the kind that will stain your clothes and not wash off your hands easily. Then they take a drinking straw and blow on the wet ink so that it runs along the paper in little lines. Those are tree branches. Next they use the eraser side of a pencil to mold squares of tissue paper into cherry blossoms and then they glue those to the ends of the inky branches. I was really wishing I had my camera with me.
13. Mini marshmallows taste ever so much better than I recall. They are great with a glass of port, too.
14. Lex wants to cut his hair. That is a GoodThing.
15. I remembered to put the trash at the curb. This means I won't have to run out to the street in my pajamas at the crack of crack with armfuls of garbage and recycling.
Love the new banner! Love the new design and love you and yours!
Love you, too. See you this weekend for taxes. PRAY FOR ME!
You are fabulous.
That is all.
I’m all for nitrous oxide and children’s trips to the dentist. I tagged you. And I fully expect you to participate :-).
do they have that “calm” sign but with the word “fart”?
We used to that art project in my class when I taught. I miss it!