So I never put together a 40 before 40 list, and now if I wanted to make a goal of doing 40 specific things before I turn 40 years old, I’d have to fill the list with safe dates like Drive to work; Get haircut; Make breakfast; Lose car keys; Sleep.
But, you know, maybe ten months is more time than I think. I mean, a lot can happen in a week around here, and, well, you just never know. Right?
Maybe I should have done this when I could put more thought into it, but with a half hour to go to not bust my NaBloPoMo gig, this will be stream of list consciousness:
- Replace the windshield wipers on my van (starting off easy)
- Get a twin lens reflex camera and make a contraption.
- Try to scuba dive (see how quickly the list got all serious?)
- Figure out what the hell to do with my hair
- Buy some art for the walls (doesn’t have to cost very much and can still be gorgeous)
- Make some art for the walls
- Knit scarves for the children of mine who have requested them
- Take and pass a statistics class
- Try the biscuits at babycakes (last time I did just cupcakes)
- Purge, declutter and organize my house, one room at a time (this will take until I am seven hundred and twelve, but here it is all the same)
- Get a mammogram
- Finish reading the Little House on the Prairie series to my girls
- Ride on a skateboard without falling off for thirty seconds at medium speed
- Get my savings account up to two month’s worth of expenses (I know it should be three. I will be thrilled to get to more than one.)
- Get rid of the crap in the garage
- See some snow
- Sit on the beach with SG with nothing at all else to do but sit
- Get rid of all my ugly underpants
- Make Domo marshmallows for SG
- Take the kids to Texas again
- Take the kids to Portland
- Kiss Max’s toes
- Change my last name back
- Get a good collection of cloth napkins and ditch the paper stuff
- Buy something from this designer
- Get a cover for my cell phone
- Stand up on a surfboard. While on a wave. In the ocean.
- Have a weekend away somewhere (not picky here) with SG
- Have a picnic with SG and the kids, where the kids make all the food
- Send out holiday cards. With photos.
- Clean out my clothes closet
- Get out of debt (not counting car payment)
the general publicat least one person that saying two thousand ten is just better than saying twenty ten
- Have a weekend away just me just for me (would like it to be this, but I think I’d better keep it more open-ended)
- Deliver really good news to someone
- Hold a new baby and sniff its sweet little head
- Get back into the swing of yoga
- Have dinner here again with old friends
- Be proud of myself
- Get healthy
Phew — two minutes to go!
I like being in my 40s. Nice list! Good luck with it. And if you need some crappy cloth napkins handmade by someone, let me know. I have a serger set up for the sole purpose of making crappy cloth napkins.
Oh, dear…….does this mean I need to make a 70 before 70, as I have officially passed 60? Wow.
I think I will like it, too. Except for the creaking! I should make my own napkins, too. And, I should make some out of the kids’ old underpants and set them on the table when they are being difficult.
Who knew I was that evil? (Besides me.)
Mom – we could both scrap our lists and have a common goal of going to Paris together before we turn, uh, 43/65. Something like that 🙂 But I think SG still wants to see if I can scuba dive.
The underwear thing? AWESOME idea!
Paris AND Barcelona!