Part of the reason we came to the fair was because of the newspaper articles describing how the fair has been dramatically scaled down and is in danger of closing altogether. I can tell you why. To make it easy, here is a simple list:
- Seven dollar burritos
- Dollar a piece ride tickets
- Five tickets for the ferris wheel
- Three tickets for the carousel
- Three dollars for lemonade
- Fifteen dollars for the Sponge Bob balloon
- Five dollars for a pony ride
That said, Willow had a great time*, except when we terrified her by getting near the livestock exhibit. It would have been impossibly expensive if we’d had all the kids with us (the big kids were with their dad). Really, it would have been the price of a few day’s worth of groceries just for lunch. Here’s a photo that sums up the parents’ experience:
* Every time Willow passed by on the little horse, she’d wave at me and yell, "Hi Mama! Lookit my pony! I gots a PONY!!"
I was afraid she’d flip out when she learned that it wasn’t coming home with her, but she didn’t. Later I heard her telling Sophie that someday she would take her to visit her pony.