from the weekend
- Life gave me lemons. I have a Meyer lemon tree in my own (rented) backyard, and it's full of ripe lemons.
- The ornamental plum tree has a bunch of buds. It usually flowers right around Willow's birthday, maybe a week or two after.
- Truffles. Pictured: margarita filled; single malt Scotch filled; dark chocolate, caramel, and sea salt. Not pictured: Patron filled. Oh, yeah.
- Found a shiny, heads-up penny in the wet grass today.
- I started making a felt garland for my little nephew or niece who is due to arrive in about two months. *I. am. so. SO. excited* B A B Y ! (I made one of these for the girls' room awhile back.)
- Saw Nate and Soph in their school play twice. They worked really hard, and it showed.
- Had lunch with my mom on Saturday AND on Sunday.
- We went to an antique fair in a part of San Jose that has a bunch of Eichlers. (Love.Want.) Near where we parked I saw this big stamp in the sidewalk.
- At the antique fair my mom bought me a very sweet vintage apron. It's green and purple, with little pansies on the front. It even has a pocket.
I don't have a photo of it, but on Saturday night SG cooked me supper and took me to see an incredible classical guitarist named Marcin Dylla. I've taken piano lessons, and guitar; I also took choir in seventh grade. People who can make music like that just floor me. I'm so in awe.
And, finally, I have to be very happy and grateful that my hair grows faster than average. Really, really happy.