I got the minimoopy all stuffed and sewed today. He’s kinda funky, but still cute, no?
I have a summer cold. I’m so angry about it, that the mad is the worst symptom and that is saying something given the throat pain. Pain! Making me angry! I have a bunch of new recipes I want to try this weekend, but here’s my current favorite meal for you to make and enjoy. It sounds kinda nasty, but really it is awesome and I could have it everyday happily.
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed and steamed with 2 cups water (brown rice takes 45 minutes)
- 12 ounces spinach, steamed
- this is totally unorganized. whatever
- heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a big skillet. add as much crushed garlic as you like and let cook a minute
- add to that 6 beaten eggs.
- let the eggs set for a few minutes till they aren’t runny.
- flip them over
- yes, it’s a little hard.
- let them finish cooking
- chop the eggs up into one inch or so squares
- add 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes with liquid
- you should be letting the rice and spinach cook while you do the eggs.
- when everything is ready and the eggs have simmered about ten minutes, make a plate with the rice on bottom, then the eggs then the spinach.
- so very good
- and hey! good for you, too
I love the little poses you put your poopy thingie in. That makes me giggle.
Okay, I will try your good for you dish, which does sound delicious. And I think I have all of the ingredients already, too. Cool!
Sometimes the only thing I can think to say when I read your blog is, gosh, she’s a good mom.
Love your minimoopy. I need to make one, I’m driving myself crazy being jealous of everyone else’s softies.
And that dinner does sound good.
Summer colds are the worst because everyone else is out prancing around in shorts and flip-flops, while you are clutching wadded up hankies and squinting at the bright light.
In winter I can feel perfectly justified hanging out on the couch with my blankie and tea, but in summer it is just so awful.
I wish you well.
The recipe sounds great. I would make it but my daughter “HATES” (with all the passion of a 15 year old) brown rice. Of course, i could make it just to torture her.
One question, when you are cooking the eggs, it’s kinda like a omelette right? You don’t stir them like scrambled eggs?
No, no stirring. Just let them set up. She may not be able to tell that it’s brown rice, or you could make white rice, too. My kids won’t come near food like that!
i have a stupid summer cold too with a really stupid painful sore throat! i will think of you tonight as i have my millionth popsicle.
your little stuffed creatures are always so cute, but i LOVE this little poopy.
I love your recipe style, because it meshes so well with my cooking style. (c:
Oh, I love the minimoopie! Nice work!
I made this for lunch! It was sooooo good, I could have eaten the whole thing myself.