Right now, if I were willing to shell out the 93 bux and show up with a chin covered in huge and gory zits, I could be at my 20th high school reunion. Instead I am sitting in bed in my PJs with an adult beverage and my hair in pigtails. Kinda like high school, actually. Except I think I was afraid of the pigtails back then. Actually, looking at my tank top, I realize that I was in high school when I bought it at the army surplus store in something like 1987.
Um. Maybe if my tank top is old enough to legally drink I need to shop for clothes more often?
And, maybe I skipped out on this reunion (that I totally thought I’d go to) because I just don’t want to accept that it’s been twenty years since I was in high school. It scares me that the next twenty years will slip by even faster. Then, another twenty and I’m just about done. If I’m even that lucky.
We spent the day with one of my all-time most favorite families. The kids got so tired that they were mostly asleep by the time we pulled into the driveway. I’m that tired, too, but I needed some kid-free time and so here I am, staying up too late.
Gwendolyn did a pre-BlogHer meme thing, and I am totally going to copy her. Here goes:
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? wah
2. How much cash do you have on you? $17
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? nevermore
4.Favorite planet? mars
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? my brother
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Going to Queens (by the Mountain Goats)
7. What shirt are you wearing? German Army tank (blue)
8. Do you label yourself ? nope
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? barefoot. was in rocket dog flipflops all day.
10. Bright or Dark Room? dark
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I think she’s incredible, and I’m lucky to be her friend.
12. What does your watch look like? it looks like an iPhone
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? sleeping. hard.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? Hey there!
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? I have no idea.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot? dude
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? my kiddos
18. Last furry thing you touched? cat
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? beer, gin, & vitamins
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Six or so, belonging to the kids
21. Favorite age you have been so far? six
22. Your worst enemy? my poor self esteem
23. What is your current desktop picture? a dandelion puffball. i took the photo at the park
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? i left the sliding door open cause it’s stuffy in here.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? $_$
26. Do you like someone? yep
27. The last song you listened to? Guster — Empire State
28. What time of day were you born? Four thirteen am. (or so)
29. What’s your favorite number? four. or maybe eight.
30. Where did you live in 1987? San Jose, CA
31. Are you jealous of anyone? duh. yes.
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Nope
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? at home. seriously thought the world was ending based on the phone message I got.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? kick them and curse
35. Do you consider yourself kind? mostly
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? i have one on my hip and another on my back. next would be my upper arm or shoulder
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? spanish
38. Would you move for the person you loved? i cannot even think about moving at the moment
39. Are you touchy feely? probably
40. What’s your life motto? make it happen
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Dr. Pepper lip gloss, iPhone, jewelry
42. What’s your favorite town/city? barcelona (san francsico, too)
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? a taco
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? last Thursday, to my grandmother
45. Can you change the oil on a car? yep. but i don’t
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? he accidentally texted me and said, "dinner tonight?" (was meant for his current date) he’s doing well, i think
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? 1600s or earlier
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and where did you go? i wore a red velvet dress to a book reading a few weeks ago. it was at a restaurant in redwood city that is also an antique store.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? the back of my head
50. Have you been burned by love? oh, probably. whatever.